Monday, November 5, 2007

Welcome to Comic Books Revisited

Welcome to Comic Books Revisited! The purpose of this blog is to share with you some of my favorite comic book stories from the past. There'll be Golden Age, Silver Age, and Bronze Age fun galore. I hope you'll start reading and come back for more because these old stories are a ton of fun.

Basically, I'll take an old story, scan some panels, and then recount the entire plot for you. That said, don't expect a straight retelling. I adore these old stories and am especially fond of looking for pop culture markers, language of the era, the impact of world events, and much more. I reserve the right to make fun of any and every aspect but I promise every joke will be made with love, because I have deep affection for these eras past.

I'll be pulling the books from my own collection. Unfortunately, I sold off the bulk of my Golden Age and Silver Age books awhile back. Fortunately, I didn't sell them all. And I can always buy new ones. Because the best candidates are books in terrible condition (I have to nearly wreck the book anyway in order to scan the panels) the cost shouldn't be too prohibitive.

You'll also notice they're all DC Comics and no Marvel, Harvey, Timely, Dell, Archie, etc. books at all. That's because I'm a DC kinda girl and those are the books I have in my collection. If, at some point, the readership of this blog makes it worth it, I may be willing to accept old ratty comics from other publishers sent by readers, which I will then give the Comic Books Revisited treatment. Just leaving that door open for now, nothing more. For now it's a trip down DC memory lane.

First up: the opening story in Wonder Woman #25, a wild and wacky Golden Age story you don't want to miss. Have fun and don't forget to comment!

5 comments:

Greg Morrow said...

Hi, Joanna! Welcome to the comics blogosphere.

This is Greg Morrow, from that one comics mailing list you probably don't remember you were on back in the Weird Science days. Several of us from that list are blogging over at the Howling Curmudgeons.

Unknown said...

I've missed these "reviews." It's good to have them back!

Jim

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back! Looking forward to more reviews in your classic style. :-)

Joanna Sandsmark said...

Thank you all so much! I feel so welcomed. Hugs and kisses to all my old pals.

NPAA Club said...

Great post, thanks for sharing it.