Saturday, February 16, 2008

A little treat

Because I didn't give you an update yesterday (I forgot that my computer was going to do the big monthly backup and the backup program conflicts with both my wp and my image programs, so I couldn't get it done) I'll give you a little visual treat. Years ago, just a short time before his death, I had the pleasure of speaking on the phone to Curt Swan, one of the giants of DC's illustrators. My little fangirl heart melted with joy. Then, to my utter surprise and astonishment, he drew something just for me.

Photobucket

This gorgeous pencil drawing of Saturn Girl, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl is perfect for this story and this blog. I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day and will return on Monday for the next installment of WHEN SUPERGIRL PLAYED CUPID!

5 comments:

zatoichi said...

What's really cool about this drawing is that the women's faces look different. You're a lucky fangirl!

Joanna Sandsmark said...

He was such a wonderful artist and that's one of the reasons. He was excellent with faces. Very expressive and, as you noted, drew each character as an individual.

I still have that drawing right next to my computer. Lucky fangirl indeed!

- Joanna

Anonymous said...

Awesome work! That is quite appreciated. I hope you’ll get more success.
where to start with marvel

Anonymous said...

Awesome work! That is quite appreciated. I hope you’ll get more success.
where to start with marvel

Anonymous said...

Cool blog site friend I'm about to suggest this to all my listing contacts.
marvel comics database